Operational Support Role
In this role, you will work together with the Board Member for Projects and Portfolios.
You, as Projects Operation Lead, will ensure the effective and efficient collaboration between the portfolio managers, project teams, and the operational support teams of EWB-NL.
- Work in tandem with the Projects Board Member: point of contact for
portfolio managers and project teams within Water, Energy, Education
and Circular Economy.
- Promote collaboration and the right culture within the community of volunteers
by connecting them with different parts of the organization
- Resolve issues and escalate them when the solution is more complex – e.g.
escalate to the board, SEG (Senior Expert Group), or QHSE, as per the
- Suggest improvements and pioneer change for leaner work, when he/she
feels it could improve effectiveness.
- Assisting with onboarding new project volunteers
EWB NL created this new role recently. Therefore, there will be a room for tailoring some
of responsibilities as per the candidate’s interest.
- This role requires a significant level of accountability. The expected time load is
up to 6h a week, with all team-interactions commencing in the afternoons
and occasional weekends
- Great opportunity to get into NGO, establish a network and grow into the next role
within the NGO
- Affinity with sustainable development and technology
- 3 to 5 years in a similar project coordination/management
- Outstanding organizational skills and a strong knowledge of project
- “People person” – “natural lead”
- Communication skills – knows where to use appropriate channels to transmit
messages (f2f, email, call and etc.)
- Experience working with volunteers (Nice to have)
All the openings at Engineers without Borders are unpaid volunteer positions.
We dedicate our free time to improve life in developing countries and have fun and a great learning experience by doing so.
Our only expectation is that you dedicate the amount of free time you feel comfortable with and commit to this.
Are you interested in contributing and do you have the experience indicated? Apply for this position!
Or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions regarding our organization and this role.
Desired starting date:
As soon as possible
The Netherlands (Current Status: Remote)
Apply for this position