In Engineers Without Borders, our volunteers are a key asset to implement our projects: without their time and knowledge, EWB NL would not be possible. With them we share the enthusiasm and passion about making a positive change with long lasting impact.
That is the reason why we have started a happiness team. We want to know that our volunteers remain happy and engaged, understand what motivates them and provide them with opportunities to learn and grow.
- Define, together with the rest of the team, the personal development plan or roadmap for the EWB volunteers.
- Define and prepare events/workshops/trainings that contribute to the personal development, skills and/or knowledge of the volunteers (incl. the project teams).
- Establish a simple and straight forward system to monitor the happiness level of the EWB community
- Join the regular team meetings that will take place in Rotterdam
- This is a new team in EWB. One of the goals would be to further brainstorm and define activities to shape this team.
- Organisational and communication skills;
- Interest in the EWB projects, our goals and technical challenges in developing countries. You do not necessarily need to be an engineer, but you should be interested in the projects. After all, this is what the events will be mainly about;
- Creativity and ideas are very welcome;
- Your commitment to be at the EWB and our meetings as much as possible;
- Has to be located in Rotterdam area or willing to travel there at least 1-2 times a month
- Positive thinking
All the openings at Engineers without Borders are unpaid volunteer positions. We dedicate our free time to improve life in developing countries and have fun and a great learning experience by doing so. Our only expectation is that you dedicate the amount of free time you feel comfortable with and commit to this.
Apply for this position
You will be redirected to our Google form