EWB-NL is currently growing. We have 8 ongoing projects and 5 starting projects in various locations in the world. Our projects are engineering based with a strong focus on local ownership by our partner organisations. The successful completion of our projects is not only driven by the quality of our engineering skills, but also on our
experience with the non-technical elements of a project. Our current projects vary from rural electrification and water management to the construction of a local cinema.
Each project involves a business case that we develop together with our local partners. Besides we look into the financial, institutional, ecological, technical and social sustainability of a project. The Business Impact Team supports the project teams and local partners in the non-technical aspects of our projects with a focus on the
development of business / social models and financing mechanisms.
Within our Business Impact Team we aim to develop our knowledge about these elements in the coming year in order to support our projects teams when developing and executing projects.
Therefore EWB-NL is currently looking to expand its Business Impact Team with a new member. We are looking for a person with proven experience in financing of initially small scale projects in developing countries (<100k). The position would involve:
– Develop knowledge base on business development in developing countries
– Support local partner in arranging the project financing, financial modelling based on financing requirements
– Attend monthly team meetings
– Support project teams, organise workshops for the project teams in non-technical relevant topics
– Possible visit to project locations
– Average workload of 4 hrs per week
Apply for this position
You will be redirected to our Google form