EWB-NL is currently growing. We have projects in various locations in the world. Our projects are engineering based with a strong focus on local ownership by our partner organisations. The successful completion of our projects is not only driven by the quality of our engineering skills, but also on our experience with the non-technical elements of a project. Our current projects vary from rural electrification and water management to the construction of a local cinema.
Each project involves a business case that we develop together with our local partners. Besides we look into the financial, institutional, ecological, technical and social (FIETS) sustainability of a project. The Business Impact Team supports the project teams and local partners in the non-technical aspects of our projects with a focus on the development of business / social models and financing mechanisms.
Within our Business Impact Team we aim to develop our knowledge about these elements in the coming year in order to support our projects teams when developing and executing projects.
Therefore EWB-NL is currently looking to expand its Business Impact Team with a new member. We are looking for a person with proven experience in financing of initially small scale projects in developing countries (<100k). The position would involve:
– Support project teams, organise workshops for the project teams in FIETS topics
– Support local partners in arranging the project financing, financial modelling based on financing requirements
– Review the business pitches of the project teams during the Meet & Greet events and provide them with feedback
– Possible visit to project locations
– Residence in the Netherlands
Apply for this position
You will be redirected to our Google form